Equal emphasis is given to co-curricular activities such as sports, debate, cultural activities for overall development of students’ personality.
Our college has a union comprising of nine forums. The principal is the president of our college union and a staff member nominated by the principal is its chairman. There are nine forums in our college union. Each forum has its own convener, who is nominated by the principal. A student representative works as its secretary on the basis of their merit in previous examination.
Various forums of the union organize guest lectures from eminent personalities, quiz, debate, literary competitions, sports and cultural activities. Further the union conducts work-shops, seminars, entrepreneurship programmes, Group discussion, career guidance and personality development programme. etc.
The miscellany department publishes college annual magazine every year to publish students’ articles. This magazine draws out the hidden talents and creativity of the students.
Student Welfare Officer (SWO)
There is a Student Welfare Officer in the college to guide the students and to attend their grievances. The staff member Shri. S.B.Chalageri is nominated for this cell as a convener.
Career Guidance And Placement Cell
There is a Career Guidance and Placement Cell. The staff member Prof. S. A. Meti is nominated for this cell as a convener.
Women Empowerment Cell
There is Women Empowerment Cell in our college to eradicate illiteracy and to develop awareness about social equality and constitutional provisions among women. Staff member Dr.(Smt.) S.B.Amalikoppa is working as the convener of this cell.
Dr. Thippeswamy D. S. is working as a convener of SC/ST Cell.
In accordance with UGC Regulations, our institution has constituted Anti- Ragging cell to ensure the security of the students.
Name of Person
Dr. (Smt.) S. B. Amalikoppa
Smt.Shantabai S. Huddar W. P. C.
Smt. Shanta. S. Kudlappanavar Director Akka Mahadevi Mahila Co-op Society
Miss. A.C. Kalburgi
Miss. M.S. Jambagi
Smt. Manjula Benni
The college has a spacious independent building. It consists of 43,280 stock of books. It is also well-equipped with periodicals, news-papers, dictionaries, encyclopedia and career guidance literature.
Timing- The library is kept open from 9am to 5pm on all working days. There is a library committee which guides the librarian. The rules and regulations to be followed by the students can be had from the librarian.
Library Advisory Committee:
- Prof(Smt) S. K. Math. Chairman
- Prof. B.B. Kadli, Member
- Dr. S.R. Golagond, Member
- Prof. R.P. Mahendrakar, Member
- Shri. M.S.Daragad, Librarian-Member Secretary
- Shri. L.N. Kulkarni, Member
- Shri. S.R. Nagannavar, Member
- Smt. M.S.BagalkotiSDA , Member
- Kumar. Mahadev A.T. Student B.A.II Member
- Kumari. Laxmi Kuri., Student B.A.III Member
Total Number of books
Journals and Periodical
CD and Video
Shri. S. B. Chalageri, Physical Director
The college has a spacious play ground where facilities for many outdoor sports like track and field events, cricket, kho-kho, kabaddi, Ball-badminton, Volley-ball, and Tenni-koit are provided. It is a matter of pride to state that many outstanding sportsmen of our college have represented at University, State and National level competitions.
Our students bagged 44 University blues since the establishment of our college.
There is a well equipped gymnasium with modern equipments. The students are taking maximum advantage from the gymnasium.
The college has two hostels for boys and girls separately. They are situated in a very cool, serene and salubrious atmosphere. Economically weaker students are benefited in the hostel. Dr.Thippeswami D.S. and Smt. Amalikoppa S.B. are working as wardens.
N.C.C(National Cadet Corps)
Our NCC unit aims at developing qualities of character, courage, discipline, leadership, secular outlook and spirit of adventure. Our 4/37 ‘A’ coy NCC is looking forward young men and women to join NCC. Lt. S.B.Chalageri is working as an associate NCC Officer .Our unit has 108 cadets at present.
- Best Institution Award (2018-19) by Karnataka and Goa Directorate General.
- Deputy Director General Commandation Award by Karnataka and Goa Directorate General.
- Disrtict Rajyotsava Award 2018-19 to Lt. S. B. Chalageri
N.S.S. (National Service Scheme)
Our NSS unit runs under the guidance of experienced NSS officer Dr. D.S. Tippeswami to inculcate activity of selfless social service and to motivate them for social progress. It also contributes for the integral development of the students. Many constructive works like construction of roads, planting trees, creating soaking pits, health check-up camp, and survey of water conservation are carried out. Our wing has 100 volunteers.
Youth Red Cross
The Youth Red cross Unit was established in our College in 2012-13. Prof. A.H.Teli is working as the Coordinator for Boys wing and Prof.(Smt) S.B.Amalikoppa is working as the coordinator of ladies wing.
Heritage Club was established in our college in 2010-11. Prof. S.R.Nagannavar is working as convener. Awareness rallies and special lectures are held every year.
- Scouts and Guides unit was established in 2020-21. Prof. S.R.Nagannavar is working as Rover and Prof. (Smt). S.B.Amalikoppa is working as Ranger of this unit.
Many Scholarships were offered to the meritorious students of our college
A) By Government-
Students can avail of the benefit of various state and central government scholarships
They are as follows:
- National Merit Scholarship
- State Post Metric Scholarship for other backward classes
- Govt of India Post Metric Scholarship for SC & ST
- Scholarship for the Children of Ex-servicemen
- Govt of India Scholarships for the benefit of Non-Hindi speaking students
- Physically Handicapped Scholarship
- Zindal Scholarship
- Sanchi-Honnamma Scholarship
- Karnataka Science and Technology Academy Scholarship
- Sir C.V.Raman Scholarship
- Hungund Municipality SC,ST Students Scholarship.
- B) Scholarships Instituted by local donors.
Many well-wishers of our institution have instituted cash-prizes, scholarships to encourage the students in curricular and co-curricular activities. Scholarships are as follows-
- Shri Shivasangappa Siddappa Kadapatti Scholarship
- Shri.B.S.Ganachari Scholarship
- Smt Basamma Basayya Savalagimath
- Dr Panchakshari Hiremath Scholarship
- Smt Laxmibai Narayanarao Khatavkar Scholarship
- Smt Basamma Kanthi Scholarship
- Smt Akkamma Mudgal Scholarship
- Shri Raghavendra Mudgal Scholarship
- shri H. Tejappa and Shri S.S. Mataladinni Scholarship
- Shri M.G Ilkal Scholarship
- Shri Danamma Channaveerappa Honawad Scholarship
- Miss Mallamma Bellihal Scholarship
- Shri Veeranna B. Jamakhandi Scholarship
- Smt Gangamma B. Akki Scholarship
- Shri V. C. Chatter Scholarship
- Shri Vinod Krishnarao Kulkarni Scholarship
- Shri Shankrappa S. Bellihal Scholarship
- Shri Doddabasu G. Wadawadagi Scholarship
- Shri Mahadevamma Sangappa Nagaral Scholarship
- Shri S.R.Kadiwal Scholarship
- Smt Yallamma M. Chalawadi Scholarship
- Kumar Muttanna S. Kuntoji Scholarship
- Dr. S.Y.MulkiPatil Scholarship
- Shri. Basappa H.Alur Scholarship
- Shri. Shashikumar S. Hagedal Scholarship
- Shri. Mallikarjun N.Kuri Scholarship
- Shri. Nagaraj Y.Kabbaragi Scholarship
Shields: Every year our institution distributes the shields for the best students of BA, BSC and BCOM.
Development of Infrastructure
- 44 computers
- 6 Computers in browsing center
- HP photo smart printer (2)
- Epson dot matrix printer (02)
- Refrigerator (02)
- Olympus research microscope with digital camera-01
- Digital balance-29
- LCD- (02)
- LCD TV- (02)
- OHP- (04)
- Smart boards – 04
- Digital blue print -01
- Xerox – 02
- Laptop-01 and Webcameras-02
Financial Aid to students:
Financial aid is offred. in the form of scholarships to the students who have got the highest marks in the particular subject or degree. The government scholarships and financial assistance are distributed to the categories of weaker section. Fee facility is provided to the economically backward students by the alumni of our college